Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Small Home Remodeling


After awhile, even a minimal home remodeling cost or two can start to add up to more money than you intended to spend on a project. From purchasing the materials to having to buy more of them when you mess up, any task can run over budget. I'm reminded of the time that I tried to remodel my bathroom myself, starting with the toilet. The toilet I bought cost around $200, and when I bought the caulking and tools I needed it ended up costing around $275. When I went to replace the old toilet with the new one, however, my hands were wet and I dropped the new toilet. It was cracked beyond repair, and I had already tossed out my old one. I had to start all over again and it would have been far cheaper to just hire a plumber to do all of the work to begin with.

If you want to save on a home remodeling cost, I encourage you to pick up a few home improvement catalogs and start doing some comparison shopping. Large home improvement stores usually have pretty good customer service, so put it to use. Bring in your catalog with your favorite items highlighted and ask what the store's price is for them. In many cases, they'll have similar designs in more affordable brands and you can save money buying a knock off of what the catalog is trying to sell. That's the best way to save the most amount of money, and it can really add up if you do it all the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment